Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's a date!










What a marvelous thing it is to have a son. I mean it is crazy to think I am responsible on raising a man. My J is a little man learning things now so he can make the best choices in life as a grown man. I try to remember this in every thing I do in his life that one day he will be reacting to situations in a positive calm manner. Well we both try lol. He has been telling me a lot lately that when he grows up he is going to be a dad. Everything is when I'm big I will be a dad and drive you around. Or when i am dad I will pump the gas. or things like when I'm big I will be a blue angel pilot and a dad. Yes he is obsessed with the blue angels and wants to be a pilot. It melts my heart to think that he wants to take care of me in this way. He is starting to realize the role of a family. And is starting to want sibling ha ha!!! scary! So I decided to take a weekend and just splurge! Jake and I decided it was time to have a weekend get away. So I made reservations, went shopping, and packed our bags. We left at 1:30 after I got off work and picked him up. But we left from his school to make it quicker. Jake feel asleep until we reached our pit stop cause omg! I had to pee! He of course got a big bowl of ice cream (yes I know the best car snack ever lol right..) We got to Pismo around 4:30 we made it in less than 3 hours. We checked into the hotel, then took a walk on the beach. We unpacked and got ready for our dinner date. J got to pick the restaurant, so we ate outside at Brad's so so good. Of course we both ordered fish and chips. The next morning we woke up early and took a long walk on the beach and collected rocks (my fav). We played on the swings a bit and came back for snacks and showered up. We spent most of the day lounging at the beach building sand castles and following dog prints on the beach. We hit up the pool and jacuzzi for a while. Then we refreshed and went to the clam festival. Jake played and we had another nice dinner together and a bit of looking around at all the booths. Sunday we woke up early spent some time on the beach and then packed up and got ready to check out. Before we left we went to the peer and the booths and some shopping. We left early since we never sleep in any more. And we got home about 1:30 so another 3 hour drive it was just perfect. That was just so refreshing to do something for our selves and relax. Jake and I had the time of our lives just taking time out to be us. Enjoy the pics cause we enjoyed the beach..

No comments:

Post a Comment