Monday, March 29, 2010

Im a vampire! Yes we can still be friends.

Well I am sitting here waiting for my pismo pic's to upload. So I thought hey what a great time to write you all about my job. So many keep asking me about it and what I all do. So here it goes... I have been working for Quest Diagnostics for almost 3 months now. I absolutely LOVE IT! I have worked hard at getting and keeping my phlebotomy license and it paid off. I am also certified nationally too. I have a as I call early bird shift. I am up at 430ish... lol.. To be at work a few min before 6. I work at the most popular site. Some mornings I have 15 people lined up, yes at 5am! It's pretty insane. I do rotate here and there when needed (we have 12 locations in the Fresno area). I do everything meaning, inputting and coding req's (this is a chore in itself, there are thousands of tests). I draw the blood and process the specimens. Which can include (all day long) pouring off urines, blood specimens, serum, urine cultures, tubes. Everything has a requirment such as frozen, refrigerated, so many things I can easly say I can work at this job for over 20 years and learn somthing everyday. Everyday there is somthing new it never gets old. I love seeing new faces and easing people into likeing (well not hating) getting there blood drawn. It never fails in the day that a patient tells me how they didnt feel a thing and they were expecting much worst and it makes me happy to think I helped there fears. I know what I do is not a place to make friends (lol) but I do it the best I can. It is pretty sad when you obsessed with veins and drawing blood, maybe I really am a vampire.
Some days are crazy like seeing 102 patients in a 5 hour time frame. Making that 20 patients per hour for me.. Also the things you see and hear. Or like my favorite so far being offered a job position in the adult film industry (oh yeah a 1,000 buck a day).. You know I love my job way to much for a new job.. hahaha I still laugh over that one. Needles to say (haha I made a funny) I love it! I work my hours but since its so busy some days it feels as if im there an hour before its time to get off. So if your ever scared to get blood work you can always come to me haha. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed reading about my job. I would love questions,
Alisha Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment